Government has launched the existing registration migration project under GST. If you are an existing tax payer registered under VAT/ ST/ Excise, you have to migrate your registration as per allotted dates. 10 things in this connection that you must know are:
1. All existing taxpayers will be transitioned to GST. Liquor dealers registered under VAT are not required to migrate.
2. There is no deemed enrolment under GST. All the taxpayers are expected to visit the GST Common Portal and enrol themselves at the GST Common Portal.
3. Existing taxpayers are not required to enrol separately with Central and State authorities under GST.
4. There is no fee or charge levied for the enrolment of a taxpayer under GST.
5. There will be no paper based enrolment. All migration will take place online.
6. If a tax payer has multiple business in one state – tax payer may register one business entity first. For the remaining business within the State please get in touch with the respective Jurisdictional Authority.
7. Existing ISD registrations are required to file fresh application in the GST Common Portal for the State in which you desire to seek registration. Also, tax payer needs to inform its Central Jurisdictional Authority.